Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Foundations Fit for Me




Sunday was even warmer than Saturday!  53 degrees.  It's no wonder everyone around here has been so sick (myself included) with all these drastic weather changes. Saturday, I just had to go use my 20% off coupon at Ulta before it expired, and decided it was time to STOP wearing watery foundation.  I had run out of my favorite Mac Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 and in an effort to try out some drugstore foundation, settled on some Maybelline Fit Me Foundation.  I wanted to like it, I really did.  It was just so watery!

I've been looking to expand my horizons and try some new foundations and learn more about this whole HAC concept (that's highlight and contour, if you're a newbie like me) that's all a-buzz and makes everyone look like sexy bombshells, but this time, I was looking for something with some cling.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation went on so creamy and smooth.  It was delicious!  It is full coverage and evened out my skin tone like I was hoping it would.  But best of all, it gives my skin a natural glow and the color matched perfectly!


I also nabbed the very last limited edition Nyx Cosmetics Dream Catcher Palette in stormy skies that was on the shelf!  I prefer nude pinky looks for my eyes during the day and used four shadows in this palette to complete the look: color 1 (top right hand corner) on my lids, color 2 (to the left of color 1 in top row) in the crease, color 3 (3rd from left in bottom row) in the outer corners, and color 4 (to the right of color 3 in bottom row, oops you can't really see it) under my brow bone.


I think my next door neighbor, China, approves.   


In fact, heads are starting to turn.




shirt: jones new york from Marshall's (here)  // earrings: francesca's (try these in gold //  hairclip: anthropologie (these are close) //  

make-up //  foundation: tarte amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation // eye primer: mac paint pot in painterly //  eyeshadow: nyx cosmetics dream catcher palette in stormy skies  // eyeliner:  ulta kohl eye liner in plum (similar)  //  concealer: mac studio finish concealer //  blush: mac divine night collection mineralize blush in lured to love- limited edition! (try this one)  // bronzer: mac mineralize skin finish natural in medium dark & nyx illuminating bronzer in narcissistic // mascara:  maybelline the colossal volum' express in very black //  lipstick: mac lipstick in brave //  gloss: mary kay nourishine lip gloss in gold rush (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment