Monday, February 17, 2014

Milestone Birthdays

February is a big month in my house!  I like to start celebrating my birthday on February 1st and the celebration pretty much goes on strong until the end of the month, sometimes with a bonus day on leap year!  

Then at the middle of the month, there's one whole week of partying starting with Valentine's day on the 14th into my Dad's birthday on the 16th (he would've been 67 this year), my husband's birthday on the 17th, and finally my birthday on the 19th!  I know my husband and I were meant to be when we discovered we were two days (and some years) apart!  Well, among many other reasons... he is a pretty awesome guy.

This year, though, is different.  It is extra special!  This year is the year my husband gets to celebrate a MILESTONE BIRTHDAY!  This is the year he turns the BIG 4-0!!!!!!!  Needless to say, this milestone calls for a huge par-tay!!  We had a DJ, a photobooth, great food, wonderful friends, and lots of dancing!!  SPOILER ALERT- halfway through the big event, was a belly dancer and belly dancing lessons, a present from a really great couple we have the pleasure of knowing.  

Best.Party.Ever.





// dress: Alyx // cardigan: 14th & union // shoes: anne klein  (similar) // earrings: charming charlie (want these) //  bracelet: alex and ani // ribbon: birthday princess // lips: revlon super lustrous lipstick in certainly red; lipliner: mac lip pencil in beet //

No comments:

Post a Comment